Nexigen’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
May 21, 2020
As more and more businesses move toward reopening in some capacity during the COVID19 pandemic, we at Nexigen would like to assure our customers, partners, and the general public that we are taking every reasonable precaution to protect ourselves and those around us.
Nexigen has led the way by moving to a work-from-home posture before most other organizations and then guided and supported our clients and the public-at-large as they did the same. These forward-looking and precautionary steps ensured that the rapidly spreading pandemic had a minimal adverse effect on our team or our readiness.
In order to maintain the highest level of readiness and to mitigate the spread of pathogens, all Nexigen personnel are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All employees whose roles can be performed remotely with minimal disruption will continue to do so to the greatest extent possible.
- All employees are required to check-in with leadership daily with their current availability and general status (any symptoms of illness, etc).
- Meetings are held virtually whenever possible.
- All outside visitors are limited to only essential visits to Nexigen locations.
- Any employee who will physically be at any Nexigen site or visiting any client site is required to notify management, report their temperature, and wear a facemask when not physically isolated from others.
- All employees will observe heightened precautionary measures when visiting client facilities, such as reporting temperature, wearing a face mask, washing their hands often.
- All employees will observe reasonable precautions and procedures as required by customers and partners when visiting their locations.
- All received shipments are physically quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours to mitigate surface to human transfer.
As Nexigen is considered to be an essential service provider, we implemented many of these controls and precautions well before they were recommended by public health authorities. To date, no Nexigen employees have been diagnosed with a pandemic-related illness and we continue to strive to maintain our readiness and availability.
Thank you for your patronage and continued support. Together, we will persevere through these challenging circumstances and our community will continue to grow stronger and more vibrant than ever.
Take care of yourselves and those around you. Stay well!