Microsoft Teams Voice – Features and Deployment
Microsoft Teams Voice : Reading time: 8 mins
Are you tired of inefficient communication methods in your company? Do you find staying connected with your team difficult, especially when working remotely? It’s time to consider Microsoft Teams Voice utilizing Nexigen’s expertise to plan, deploy, and manage for your organization.
Teams Voice is a communication platform
Microsoft Teams Voice is a communication platform that allows your team to communicate and collaborate seamlessly. It combines the functionality of voice, video, and messaging in one convenient location, accessible from any device. With Teams Voice, you can make and receive calls, hold meetings, and share documents and files all in one place. We see many companies saving right out of the gate by now not needing zoom calling or other conference calling services.
Teams Conference Calling:
Microsoft Teams Voice includes a conference calling
feature that lets you connect with multiple team members or clients simultaneously. This feature allows you to hold meetings and webinars, share documents and files, and collaborate with team members in real time.
You’ll need to schedule a meeting in advance to use the conference calling feature in Teams Voice. Depending on your preference, you can do this through the Teams app or through Outlook. Once you’ve scheduled the meeting, you’ll receive a link to share with your team members or clients. They can then use this link to join the conference call from any device with an internet connection.
During the conference call, you’ll have access to various features, including sharing your screen, muting and unmuting your microphone, and using the chat function to send messages to other participants. You can also use the call history feature to view a record of past conference calls and the voicemail feature to leave messages for team members who could not attend.
Overall, the conference calling feature in Teams Voice is a powerful tool for improving communication and collaboration within your team. Whether you’re working remotely or in the office, it allows you to connect with team members and clients from any location with an internet connection.
Microsoft Teams Voice – Benefits and Features
There are several benefits to implementing Microsoft Teams Voice in your company. First and foremost, it saves time and money. Traditional phone systems can be costly and require much maintenance. With Teams Voice, you can make and receive calls over the internet, eliminating the need for expensive hardware and phone lines. Additionally, Teams Voice integrates with other Microsoft apps, such as Outlook and OneDrive, making accessing and sharing vital information easier.
Another benefit of Teams Voice is the ability to work remotely. With the current pandemic, more and more companies are transitioning to remote work. Teams Voice allows your team to stay connected and collaborate from anywhere, as long as they have an internet connection. This flexibility can improve productivity and morale, as employees can work from their homes.
10 Top Features of Teams Voice:
- Record meetings and webinars: Teams Voice allows you to record meetings and webinars so that you can review essential discussions and presentations later.
- Use the call history feature: This allows you to view a record of your past calls, including missed and voicemails.
- Use the voicemail feature: If you cannot answer a call, Teams Voice allows you to set up a voicemail that will automatically record messages from your callers.
- Use the call forwarding feature: This allows you to forward calls to another phone number, so you can stay connected even when you’re away from your desk.
- Use the call transfer feature: This allows you to transfer calls to another person or team member, so you can quickly connect your callers with the right person.
- Use the call park feature: This allows you to put a call on hold and retrieve it from any device, making it easier to switch between devices during a call.
- Use the call delegation feature: This allows you to delegate calls to another person or team member so that you can manage your workload more efficiently.
- Use the call queue feature: This feature allows you to create a queue of incoming calls to handle multiple calls at once and improve customer service.
- Use the call routing feature: This allows you to route calls to specific team members or groups based on their availability and expertise.
- Use the call escalation feature: This allows you to escalate calls to a higher level of support if necessary, ensuring that your callers receive the help they need.
Migrating to Teams Voice from a traditional Phone System is easy.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Purchase a Teams Voice license from Microsoft: You’ll need a license to use Teams Voice. There are several different license options available, depending on your needs.
- Set up the Teams Voice platform: Once you have a license, you’ll need to set up the Teams Voice platform by creating user accounts and assigning phone numbers. This process may vary depending on whether you’re using Teams Voice as a standalone solution or integrating it with an existing phone system.
- Port your phone numbers: If you want to keep your current ones, you’ll need to port them over to Teams Voice. This process involves transferring your phone numbers from your current phone provider to Microsoft.
- Train your team: It’s important to ensure that your team is familiar with the features and functions of Teams voice. Microsoft provides resources and support to help you get started, including video tutorials and live training sessions.
- Assign a team leader or administrator: Designate a team leader or administrator to manage the Teams Voice platform and ensure it’s being used effectively. This person can be responsible for setting up and managing user accounts, assigning phone numbers, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Integrate with other Microsoft apps: Teams Voice integrates with other Microsoft apps, such as Outlook and OneDrive, making accessing and sharing vital information easier. Consider incorporating these apps to get the most out of Teams Voice.
Once you’ve set up the platform, you must train your team to use it. Microsoft provides resources and support to help you get started, including video tutorials and live training sessions. It’s also a good idea to assign a team leader or administrator to manage the platform and ensure it’s being used effectively.
Conclusion – Why partner with a solution provider?
There are several benefits to using a solution provider like Nexigen to move to Microsoft Teams Voice. For one, they have the expertise and experience to guide you through the process and ensure it goes smoothly. They can handle everything from purchasing licenses and setting up the platform to training your team and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
Another benefit of using Nexigen is that they can customize the Teams Voice platform to meet your business needs. They can help you integrate with other systems and apps, set up custom voicemail greetings and call routing rules, and ensure that your team gets the most out of the platform.
Nexigen can save you time and hassle. Rather than trying to navigate the process on your own, you can rely on the expertise of a dedicated team to handle everything for you. This can free up your time to focus on other important tasks and help ensure your transition to Teams Voice goes as smoothly as possible.
Overall, Nexigen to move to Teams Voice can be an innovative and convenient choice for businesses looking to improve communication and collaboration within their team. If you’re interested in using a solution provider, there are many companies to choose from. Do your research and find one that fits your needs and budget.
In conclusion, Microsoft Teams Voice is a powerful communication platform that can benefit your company in many ways. It saves time and money, allows remote work, and improves collaboration and productivity. If you’re ready to make the switch, don’t hesitate to reach out to Nexigen for support and guidance.
Nexigen Can Help.
Request Your Free Consultation
Request Your Free Consultation